2021 Camp Host (All U.S. Locations)
The Campground Host position is typically filled by two people, but can be a single person role in certain locations. The primary objective is to provide a quality recreational experience for visitors within areas operated by the Company. The Campground Host will implement nearly all operational tasks required within their assigned campground or area.
Note: If applying as a couple, we request that each person submit separate applications and while it is possible to use a shared email address for both people, the hiring process works better if each person uses a unique email address.
- Demonstrates courteousness, and displays a helpful attitude to all visitors.
- Performs certain administrative tasks, including basic recordkeeping and fee collection.
- Maintains facilities and grounds, including cleaning, sanitizing and stocking of restrooms, emptying trash containers and replacing the liners, cleaning roadways and trails, cleaning campsites, picnic tables, fire rings, grills, and disposing of ashes.
- Rakes and grooms sites and public areas, maintains a litter-free facility, picks up micro-trash such as bottle caps and cigarette butts, maintains outlying areas such as trails, outposts, and rental cabins.
- Maintains a good working relationship with fellow employees, governmental agency representatives, and the visiting public.
- Registers campers, collects fees, and sells certain retail items such as firewood, ice, and concession goods.
- Processes revenues and fee collection data using Company approved forms and procedures.
- Familiar with local points of interest, nearby facilities, and local rules and regulations.
- Reports problems and any unsafe or hazardous conditions as they are discovered, and will also enforce rules according to internal customer service standards.
- Strong customer service skills; enjoys working in an environment of extensive public contact.
- Basic manual labor abilities, including an ability and willingness to clean and sanitize facilities with a variety of cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic recordkeeping experience, including money handling.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, and be able to learn quickly and follow instructions accurately.
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule, including regular evenings and weekends.